Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hump Day is Here

My 5th grade teacher Ms. Llorca


Today is hump day which means it is half way through the week.

School today was the best day yet. The lunch ladies in the cafeteria were pretty cool and my Mom thinks that maybe a parent complained and now they are being nicer to us all. I hope that this is true.

Another good thing about today is that we got dismissed early at 1:50 pm. This happens every Wednesday.

After school my Mom picked me up and we walked down to the Regal Cinema on Lincoln Street and we saw "Spy Kids II - All the Time in the World". I really enjoyed it. We also got to have popcorn and some orange pop.

After that we went home and got ready for Feinberg Fisher's Open House. The Open House is something that they have every year and is a chance for parents to talk to the teachers and explore the school. We walked back up to the school at 5:30 pm and headed into my classroom. My Mom sat down to fill in some forms and I went to find my friend Atman. But before I headed out my Mom took a picture of me and my teacher Ms. Llorca that you see above. She is a great teacher and I like her a lot.

Ms. Llorca gave a talk to the parents about school rules and expectations. I got to hang out with my friends and play on our PSPs.

When the meeting was over my Mom and I went for dinner at Oliver's Bistro. This is a restaurant that is close to our apartment and the first place we had lunch at after we moved in. It is the second best restaurant (to me) in Miami. I like it a lot.

Just have two more days at school until there is a three day weekend. Whoo-hoo!

I hope that tomorrow will be as good as today!

M.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Max! That sounds like a great day. School and a movie? Nice! Cheers to the parents that complained about the lunch ladies! I wonder if my mom was one of them? I'm going to ask her when I go visit her this weekend.
    Have a great weekend playing in the ocean!
    xo rolti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Max.
    Good to hear that things are getting better. I see you've already adopted the preferred footwear of choice for a warmer climate.
    I think I am going to take Friday off, and have a 4 day weekend. Are you guys doing anything special over the long weekend?
    xo, mc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max, you look so handsome in all of these photos! I am so happy for you that you are feeling better about your new school and it sounds like you are already making buddies. Good for you! Pretty soon you will be speaking Spanish too! xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hump Day?!?!? Next thing you know, you'll be doing some Tropical Dancing. Ask your mom about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Max,

    It is great to hear that things keep getting better and better.

    We can't wait to come visit :)

    Keep keeping us posted!

    Steve and Don

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Max,
    It's great to hear that you are happy at your new school. I'm a little jealous that your school gets out early on Wednesdays. I wish I could do the same here, it would make the week so much better!
    Have fun this weekend.
    xo, Aubin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went back to work this week temporarily because they were short staffed...so much for retirement BUT one of the teachers talked about HUMP DAY! And...how relieved was I to read that the lunch ladies have had an attitude adjustment. Excellent news for the end of my day as I enjoy a welcome beverage while reading your fabulous blog. Please tell me what a PSP is. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rolti: Wow, that would have been great if your Mom did complain all the way from Canada. Thanks Mrs. Dobi! Have a good time visiting her this weekend.

    Miles: Here are our plans for the long weekend:
    Saturday we are going to go to the beach all day
    Sunday we are going to go jet-skiing (just me and my Dad)
    Monday we are just going to relax

    Lori: Hopefully I will make even more friends here. Thanks for saying that I look handsome!

    Lisa: I have asked my Mom to do some tropical dancing but so far she is not responding.

    Steve and Don: Don't worry, I will keep keeping you posted. As far as your visit my Mom cannot wait ( i think she might be a bit lonely).

    Aubin: It is nice to get out at 1:50 pm on Wednesday!

    Leslie: I am also really glad that the lunch ladies are being much better! To answer your question a PSP is a Play Station Portable. It is an oval shaped game boy (like the one you gave me) with internet. I have a silver one.

    ReplyDelete