Friday, August 26, 2011

The Weekend At Last!

Walking home from school on Friday

It is finally Friday and that means that I made it through my first week of school. Today, school-wise, it was the best day of the week. I was really nervous about going to school today but it turned out to be pretty great.

Here is how the day went:

Both my Mom and Dad were able to walk me to school because my Dad's crew call wasn't until 10:30 am.

When I got into my class we did math first followed by PE and Spanish. Yesterday Spanish class wasn't so good as everyone was speaking fluently and I didn't understand a single word that they were saying. I got a little bit upset and then the teacher came over and told me it was going to be okay and that she would move me to a different class where they speak some English as well as Spanish. Today in my new Spanish class we learned the words for the days of the week and months of the year. We also learned how to say hello...Hola!

After spanish class, we did a bit more math and then it was lunch. Lunch was better today because the lunch monitors didn't yell that much.

In the afternoon we did some reading. I read "Sideways Arithmetic From Wayside School", a novel by Louis Sacher. The book is about a girl who goes to a new school and they have add and subtract LETTERS! It is really a good book.

After reading we were bombarded with quizzes. We had a science quiz and a math quiz.

We looked at the clock at it was time to go to music which is in a classroom in another part of the school with a new teacher that I hadn't met yet. I was pretty nervous because everyone said that the music teacher was very mean and strict. But then I found out for myself that actually he was strict but also really friendly and so nice. He told us "If you treat me with respect, I will treat you with respect". I think that he is the best teacher in the whole school.

Next thing you know he dismissed us to go home. My Mom was there to meet me and the weekend began.

I will post more of my adventures over the weekend. 

M.

8 comments:

  1. Max, I just want to say how very proud I am of you. I have watched you all week and have seen how hard you have worked at adapting to your new school and life here and how brave you have been. Next week is going to be much easier, I promise. Let's have a great weekend! I love you sweetie. xo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going Max! The first week at a new school or even a new job is the toughest but then things get easier as you get to know the routine & make friends with the other kids. This has been a huge change for you & you are doing great. Have a great weekend.....if you run into Tiger Woods get his autograph for me.
    Love, Pa & Bos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Max!

    Now what are the weekend plans?

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  4. You survived! Good on you, Max. I am feeling kind of sad that I didn't get to see you one more time before you left Vancouver but I want you to know that if there was a Max Winter Fan Club, I would like to be on the executive committee. Adults can still learn when they are old like me and you have taught me quite a bit this week. xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everybody's workin' for the weekend! Way to go, Max... you made it!

    Thanks for posting about all your adventures... The favorite part of my day is reading about your day! Keep up the awesome blogging.

    xxxLisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot!

    Have a great weekend and cheers to a great 2nd week to come!

    xo rolti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Max! You made it an entire week not only in a new school, but in a new country and a totally new culture. Good for you! I can't wait to learn more of your adventures!
    Love Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom: Thanks for the comment. I love you.

    Boss and Pa: Thanks guys. I hope I make it through my second week as well. If I see Tiger I will get an autograph for you Pa.

    Ross: Actually I am writing on Monday but will update you after school today.

    Leslie: Thank you very much. Your comment means a lot and it almost made my Mom cry.

    Lisa: Thanks. An the the awesome part of my day is getting off of school! New post coming today.

    Sarolta: Hopefully the second week will be good.


    Lori: Thanks Lori. Stay tuned for more of my adventures.

    ReplyDelete