Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some fun and not so fun things about Miami...


Not everything is fun in Miami Beach. Yesterday I had to go to the doctor to have a shot and some blood tests done. The reason for this is that you can't go to school here unless you have a full check-up at the doctor's office which includes a TB test and a blood test to see if you have anemia. I really, really, really hate shots!

I was pretty relieved when it was all done.

Another thing that is not so fun about Miami is that the school year starts 2 weeks earlier than it does in Vancouver. I start school on Monday, August 22. The name of my school here is Feinberg Fisher and it is about a 20 minute walk away from our apartment. It is much bigger than my old school.

Now, back to some good things about Miami. Yesterday, I did a gigantic set up with all of my HALO mega blocks. You can see me working on it in the picture above.

I also went to the pool yesterday and then me and my Mom went to Whole Foods to get groceries and I got to get some orange pop.


Well that's it for today, see ya!

M

6 comments:

  1. Hey Max, sounds like you are settling in, don't worry, Halo will help you through the heat, shots, school, and whatever else comes your way. Have you bought your white dress shoes yet?
    Love Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody knows your Mom is supposed to buy you a giant gelato after shots. Bubblegum?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lisa! Gelato all the way. Since you had to get a shot maybe orange pop AND gelato are in order!
    xo rolti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the glory of Orange Pop! Have you ever had an Orange Pop Ice Cream float? If not, there must be some sort of diner in that neck of the woods that could make one for you. Or better yet, your mum could probably make a kick-@$$ one.
    Did you have an Orange Crush, or maybe a Fanta, or some other pop brand native to Miami?

    Hope you had some birthday fun with your parents the last few days, but maybe that's reserved for this weekend.

    xo, mc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the TB skin prick Max - I had one too and it hurt! Good luck with school this week, I am sure all the kids are going to want to hang out with the new cool "Canuck" in town! To be honest, they may not even know what a Canuck is - but they will think you are cool regardless!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter: Yes Halo will get me through and I wish that you would be here to play against me. And I am not going respond about the white shoes because it is obvious.

    Lisa: I wish it was true but it is not.

    Sarolta: Too late, I already finished the pop and never got the gelato.

    Miles: I have never made an orange pop float but I just asked my Mom and she said she would make me one soon. It was a Whole Foods brand of orange popl

    Lori:Thanks Lori for the comment. It wasn't really the TB test that hurt but the bigger needle for the blood test that REALLY hurt. I am not sure if they will think that I will be cool at school though...

    ReplyDelete