Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday in Miami

A view of our Apartment Building from the Pool

Tomorrow is my first day of school. I am a little bit nervous and a little bit excited. The school that I am going to is called Feinberg Fisher and goes from Kindergarten to grade 8.

Yesterday morning, at 9 am, my Dad, Mom and I went to the school orientation. We learned a bunch of stuff about the school.

We learned that:
Even if you are only 1 minute late you need to go to the office to get a late slip
There are approximately 900 students at Feinberg Fisher
My classroom is #26
My teacher's name is Ms. Llorca

Another random fact about Feinberg Fisher is that the author Judy Blume went here for a couple of years when she was a kid and she wrote a book called "Staring Sally J. Friedman as Herself" which is loosely based on her experiences here. I had to read this for my new school and I really, really liked the book.

One thing that is very different about this school is that you have to wear a uniform. The uniform is a blue or red polo or tee-shirt with khaki coloured shorts.

Wish me luck at school tomorrow, I will let you guys know how it goes.

M


7 comments:

  1. Hi Max
    We hope that you will have a great first day at your new school. We will be thinking of you and wish you lots of good luck. Love Bos and Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day tomorrow Max! I can't wait to hear all about it. I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Max,

    We wish you luck. I know that Jake doesn't envy you having to start school already. You'll do well. That thing about being one minute late... Jake's school is kinda like that too. Anyway, have fun... and we look forward to hearing how it all goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck at school, Max! Growing up, we moved around a bit and sometimes we changed schools in the middle of the year. NOT FUN! Much better to start fresh with everybody else. Grade Five! Wow. I can't believe it. I'm also a big Judy Blume fan... that's so cool that you're going to the same school she attended.
    Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Max! So how did it go? Looking forward to your next post!
    xo rolti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Max, Hope your first day at the new school went well. The schools in Charlotte, N.C. don't start untill Tuesday but I bet you there are a lot a "New Kids" like yourself feeling the same way you did..First Days at anything new are kinda scary.I love your apt. and the views are pretty awesome...Enjoy all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Max, I just thought I'd say "hang in there"! Thinking of you,
    mc

    ReplyDelete