Friday, September 2, 2011

Labour Day at Last

Sushi at Samba Sushi to Celebrate the End of My Second Week of School


Right now I am just eating my dinner, but here is an overview of today. 

After school today, as you can see from the picture  above, my Mom took me to Samba Sushi to celebrate another week of school completed. We shared some green bean tempura and then a spicy, crispy tuna roll, a yellow tale roll and a piece of Ikura sushi and a piece of Tobiko sushi. It was a great way to end the school week.

In school today, the best part of the day was surprisingly... lunch! The lunch ladies were totally calm and so was the security guard. That made it pretty easy to relax. I shared some of the extra two-bite brownies my Mom packed in my lunch with the rest of my friends from class who were sitting with me at my lunch table.

After lunch we finished our math and then did some science work until it was time to go to music class. The music teacher, Mr. Irwin, gave me a brand new recorder and a recorder book so that I could practise for class. I had to write my name on the side of the recorder case and inside the book as well.

This evening I went to Flamingo Park which is a big park near our apartment. Actually, it is half way in between our apartment and my school. It has a baseball diamond, a basketball court, a big soccer field, outdoor and indoor squash courts, an outdoor swimming pool and a big playground. I went there to hang out with my friend Atman who was there for a friend's birthday.  We ran around and played, climbed on a gigantic tree, had some chips, drank some juice and had a really good time.

Now I have got a three day weekend ahead of me and a lot of fun stuff planned to do.

Hope you have something fun planned for this long weekend.

M.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Max,
    Wow, that sushi looks and sounds good! A sushi dinner seems like the perfect way to end the week.
    xo, Aubin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your fish eggs! Miss you Max! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow! That Sushi "snack" looks big enough for a family of four!
    When I was a kid we got a nickel to buy 3 Jawbreakers, 2 Strawberries & a licorice pipe. Born too soon!
    Pa XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Max,
    It sounds like you had a good day yesterday. The park by your apartment sounds like a lot of fun. We had a fun time at the horse races yesterday. We both got to bet on some horses and we won some money! Then went to the driving range to play golf in the evening. We also got a new K2 scooter, it goes really fast.
    We are excited to go back to school on Tuesday.
    from, Nola and Tilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aubin: It is the perfect way to end the week and I am going with my Mom and Dad again tonight!

    Lisa: Yep, I really like fish eggs. Miss you as well.

    Pa: I sure wish I could try a jawbreaker but my Mom says no.

    Nola and Tilda: You guys are awesome. Thanks for writing to me and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Max!
    Your sushi meal looks like they were serving you something fresh from Monsters Inc! What I see on your plate is a creature with seven eyes, five mouths, green skin, and a couple of tufts (fish eggs) for nostrils (though oddly, they are above the eyes and not below).
    Oh well, I trust it was yummy!
    Talk soon,
    xo, Miles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Max, I had a lot of catching up to do! I was away in the mountains with no internet. It's always hard getting used to new teachers and making new friends but it sounds like school is getting better and you're settling in. That's because you're a cool cucumber and just a nice friendly boy! I hope you can teach me Spanish when you come back. What sports are you going to get into down there? Soccer, baseball, football (don't bother), Jai Alai? When are you going to look for aligators or go to the Keys? Have you seen True Lies yet? Because apparently you're allowed to watch movies that are 14a, so why not nc-17 then...
    love peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sushi looks awesome, Max! But what about the Cuban food????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Max!!! I love your Blog! The sushi, the park, the movies... I especially love that you had popcorn and orange soda. Mom's are cool like that.

    Love that the Cafeteria ladies are starting to be more friendly to you as well.

    I am currently working with JD, Jemma, Paul, Sean and Ron on Diary of a Wimpy Kid.... Do you know these books? I know you would get along so well with Zac... the main character of the book... So far we've played basketball and soccer with him at lunch. (There are no X-boxes on the truck, this time, as it is summer and we have to get outside and enjoy the weather.) I know that all of the guys MISS you. Your dad sends text messages to JD and Paul so we hear how you and your mom are doing.

    Know that you are on a grand adventure, where each day you will find something new to discover.

    All of us can't wait to hear your stories, when your back.

    Say hello to your parents for me. I know the Best is yet to come.

    Cheers to you.

    Amie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Max, I loved your latest post! Have you started Salsa Dance lessons yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miles: I actually took a look at the picture and you are right it really does look like something from Monsters Inc. I love that movie.

    Peter: Thanks a lot! We are planning a trip to the Keys in the next few weeks and I can't wait to see it. As far as sports go haven't started any yet but I am doing lots of swimming. I have already seen True Lies but we may watch it again as it was filmed here and in LA which I think you already know. Hope you are doing lots of climbing.

    Lisa: We are going to try some Cuban food this week!

    Amie: I do know the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Books. I have read them all and seen both the movies and I would have loved to have met Zac. Say hi to the guys for me and thank you so much for writing to me, it was a great surprise!

    Leslie: No yet Leslie, I don't know if my Mom is going to be able to talk me into that. I think that I will stick with the swimming.

    ReplyDelete