Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My New Favourite After School Snack.

Jicama sticks with lime and chilli



Okay, so I am not going to be talking too much about school today. It went well except for lunch in the cafeteria. My friend Atman, who sits next to me in class, was in the lunch line-up and went to the front of the line to check what the options were for lunch.  All of a sudden Ms ? (I don't know her name but she is the lunch monitor) yelled at him for leaving the line-up and she made him cry because she said he would have to eat in the principal's office for the rest of the year because he "misbehaved". But really he didn't do anything wrong. I felt so bad for him I almost wanted to cry myself. I didn't though. 

I am very afraid of Ms. ? (mean lunch monitor lady) but my Mom says not to worry and I also talked to my Grandma and she made me feel better too.

Now onto better subjects. And I mean better. 

My new favourite after school snack is jicama with lime and chilli. If you don't know what jicama is it is an edible tuberous root. It tastes crunchy and a little sweet and juicy. My Mom says that lots of Mexican kids eat it after school as well.

My Dad just got home and so I am going to go and watch an episode of "The Office" with him before I have to go to bed.

Good night.

M.

PS. After school I got some new running shoes and went swimming in the pool and we got take-out pizza for dinner.


PPS. I ran out of time to respond to your comments from yesterday but promise to do that tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Max. Tuberous root! What the...

    Maybe that's what you can write in the future when you are referring to ms. (mean) lunch monitor lady(!)

    Aubin says there's a mean lunch lady in everyone's past. Do you have hall monitors too?

    Talk soon,
    mc

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm Jicama! Now that is an after school snack!

    Send photo of your new kicks!

    xo rolti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Max, sorry about your friend getting in trouble. But you know "Rules are Rules" so you just be sure to listen up and ALL will go well for you. Maybe your friend could write a short note to the lunch lady and ask her to give him one-more-chance, and that he will try harder..I think you can swim almost the whole year through in Miami..isn't that great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not rename Mrs. ? to Mrs. Pooper. That way she can have her own song:

    "Every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you... Mrs. Pooper!"

    I wouldn't recommend singing this in the lunch line, but you could just think it to yourself and smile...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miles:I think after Lisa's I might want to call her Mrs. Pooper. Today it was her assistant that was the mean one. Luckily we don't have hall monitors in our school. xo M

    Sarolta: What we forgot to tell you is that we like it with fresh lime juice chilli powder. I love it. Photo of new kicks coming soon.

    Monteen:I am quite a bit of a rule follower myself and luckily my friend got to sit with me at lunch today. You are right, you can swim in Miami all year round!

    Lisa: This just might help me get through tomorrow. xo M

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I need to cross paths with Mrs. Pooper.

    ReplyDelete