Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Fun Labour Day Weekend

Choosing a book at Books and Books

Labour Day weekend was super fun. On Saturday we went out for sushi again, this time with my Dad! Before we went out for our sushi dinner we had the most relaxing day.  We stayed home, in our pyjamas, and I got to play some video games, do some reading  and then later we went to the pool here at our apartment.

On Sunday we spent the day at the beach. Miami Beach is really quite an interesting place. Lots of very unique looking people! I spent most of my time in the water with my scuba mask looking for shells. My Dad and I also played paddle ball in the water. The only bad thing was that I got bitten or stung by what we think might have been a jellyfish. When you are out in the ocean sometimes there are tons of them. They don't really freak me out but it doesn't feel very good to get stung by one!

On Monday morning when I woke up I was worried that I had overslept for school. I got up and went into the kitchen to check if my parents were up and then it hit me it was Labour Day and I had the day off. I went back to my room and fell asleep. I woke up later and after breakfast my Dad helped me start building a new Mega Blocks set. The set is a UNSC Falcon which is sort of like a plane with two propellors on the wings. It took two hours to build it but it was worth it. When my Dad had to go out my Mom took over helping me and we had a really good time building together.

After that I staged a huge battle with the Falcon and some of my other sets.

School was good today and I was thinking about all of the kids at my old school who were just starting back to school today.

After school my Mom took me to go shopping and we stopped in to buy a book at our favourite bookstore which is called "Books and Books".  If it was my store I would want to call it "Books, Books and More Books." I love the store because they have kids books all the way from Tin Tin to the Hunger Games.

I talked to my friend Charlie on the phone on Sunday and he recommended  the Huger Games to me. We also talked about another book that I am reading now called Hoot. We talked about it because Charlie, our Maceo and I watched it at Maceo's house a few years ago. I can't wait to start the Hunger Games which we bought today.

Bye for now.

M.

11 comments:

  1. Oh I loved The Hunger Game series! I can't wait to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book stores are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoot, Flush and Scat all by Carl Hiaasen ? Isn't that the guy who rights about Florida? I saw these books in the library at Charlie's school and actually wrote down the titles and author thinking that you would maybe enjoy them. You beat me to it! How is Hoot? Is it a "hoot" ? Sorry, couldn't resist to insert a goofy joke. Charlie had his first hour of school yesterday. Last night before bed he talked about his new school and the idea of making new friends. It's a big change for him now too. He really missed you last night, wishing you were here. Thanks for being such a solid friend to Charlie, he really appreciates you. Later kiddo, xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie: Oh, you read them? I didn't know that! I am going to start number 1 tomorrow and I am really excited. I will let you know what I think.

    Sheryl: Very true, they are awesome. Nice to talk to you on Skype today and happy birthday on Sunday.

    Lisa: Yes, Hoot is by Carl Hiassen and I just finished it about an hour ago. He is the guy that writes about Florida! Hoot was a really, really, really good book and I was with Charlie when I saw the movie version. Has Charlie made any new friends yet at his school. I hope so. I sure wish Charlie was with me at my new school! Talk to you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Max, it's Charlie and I am having a very good second day. The first full day was not so good because almost every person in the school speaks mostly chinese and that makes me feel excluded. Also we had this four paged math test to see how our skills were and I didn't do too well. Any way to the good part about that day, there was a kid from India named Ethan who I met and since we were both new, we started to hang out. I hope to talk to you again soon ,CHARLIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Max, I just around to reading your latest blog. Its good that you & Charlie are keeping in touch. I was at the park near your old school this morning with Mabel. I brought the Chuck-it & she ran about 3 times before she got tired out. She's pretty smart; once she gets tired she won't give me the ball! This afternoon Bos & I are going to test drive a Mini Cooper....will let you know if Bos likes it.
    Love, Pa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Max:
    Just found out Star Wars in coming out on BluRay! May the force be with you!
    xxxL

    ReplyDelete
  8. WE WANT A NEW POST!!!!!!
    Love Bos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlie: Sorry it has taken so long to write back to you. Glad to school is getting better. The same thing happened here! We were bombarded with tests the first week of school but since then it has gotten. Really glad to hear about your friend Ethan and I am sure you will make a bunch more friends too!

    Pa: Mabel does that same thing with me sometimes. One time I only threw it once and she was dead tired! Man, I miss that park. Glad to hear about the Mini Cooper, I hope Bos goes for it.

    Lisa: My Dad told me that a little while. I am hoping we can get them when we get back to Vancouver.

    Bos, Sarolta and Leslie: Sorry about the delay, it is just that I have been very busy with school lately. I will try to make sure that I post at least 2 times a week.

    ReplyDelete