Friday, September 23, 2011

The Best Day of School EVER!


This morning I was totally nervous about going to school. I was feeling nervous because we were going on a field trip to the Adrienne Arsht Center to see a musical play called Rock Odyssey. To be truthful I don't really know why I was feeling nervous but I was.

My Mom told me that it was all going to be okay and that I would probably have a really great time.

She was so right. Not only was the play really awesome but so was the whole day.

The play was about a mortal who went to war and on his way back after the war his ship sank and he had a great adventure trying to return to his home. We got to sit and watch the play from the balcony and we had the best view.

When we got back to school we ate our lunch with the other 5th grade class in our classroom instead of the cafeteria and that was really fun. We got to horse around after we had eaten and it was a blast.

After we finished we only had time for 1 class which was music, with Mr. Irwin who can be very strict. Except today there was a SUBSTITUTE! Yah! This substitute not only let us eat the Tootsie Pops that Ms. Llorca (our homeroom teacher) gave us but also let us use the hour to get our weekend homework done and out of the way.

But the best part of the day was yet to come.

Well, you might not know this but, on Wednesday it was International Peace Day. Today was our school's "Give Peace a Chance Dance". It happened after school from 3pm until 5 pm. It was held in our school cafeteria. It was the very first dance that I have ever been to and it was epic! I didn't know exactly what to expect but I had a total blast. I loved the music and it turns out that I really love to dance. I noticed that a lot of the girls in my class were awesome at dancing. Some of the boys were pretty okay dancers but most of them were not. It was interesting that the girls tended to dance in a pack but the boys were like lone wolves.

I danced on my own for a bit but then towards the end a girl from my class who sits beside me, named Andrea, asked me to join the group of girls that she was dancing with. So, I got to dance with the best dancers there.

Then the next thing you know it was 5 pm and the dance was over. I am totally looking forward to Halloween as they have another dance then!

Have a great weekend!

M.

7 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Are you kidding me? A dance? Holy cow. I remember my first dance and I was eleven. His name was Barry Hill. The boy I mean. The song was Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Were Made For Walking" (google it) and it was the last song. I had stood alone against the wall for the entire lunch hour. Until. Barry. Walked. Over. To. Me. You've got it going on, Max!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!
    This dancing thing must run in the family. Pa considers himself a bit of a "Twinkle Toes" and I have heard that your Mom is pretty hot on the dance floor also. Who knew? I am very happy that you had such a fantastic day. Now for a fun filled weekend.
    Love Bos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Max! What a great day! I remember my first dance too! There were no groups of epic dancers there let me tell you. I think we all stood to the side for the first hour at least until someone got the guts up to actually start dancing and then we were unstoppable! LOL

    Have a great weekend!

    xo rolti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Grief....soooo much fun packed in one day! You are a lucky boy. I watched Charlie's Angels and loved it. Great cast of actors, Great Excitement, Great action and Great scenery....just plain GREAT all around. Can't wait for the next show..It's Saturday so I guess you are enjoying whatever it is you are doing..Have Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max Winter! I love your blog. I am smiling from ear to ear imagining you dancing with the girls in Miami Beach! I am so excited for you Max - what an adventure you are having. If you are not jet skiing, or going for cuban sandwiches, everyday brings something new. Some days may feel really scary at school, but I promise you - you are having way more fun than you would be at home in the rain. Experiencing new things on a daily basis, new cultures and next you will be speaking spanish! What are you going to dress up for the halloween dance? I can only imagine as you always have coolest costumes! (with the help of your folks of course!) Hope to see you soon. xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you come back to Vancouver I'll show you how to do a Back Spin!
    What an awesome day!

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie: There was no Nancy Sinatra at my dance but they did play Katy Perry and some Usher both of which I like!

    Bos: Thanks Bos. I have never seen Pa or my Mom dance.

    Sarolta: Really? A whole hour? At the dance on Friday people started dancing right away. It was super fun.

    Monteen: Thanks for watching. Next episode is the one my Dad worked on and it is supposed to be even better!

    Lori: Thanks! Still planning my Halloween costume, will let you know what it is when we have it figured out.

    Ross: What is a back spin?? Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete