Sunday, June 10, 2012

Everything That I Did This Weekend That I Didn't Mention Already


This weekend I did some crazy and awesome fun stuff. I went to the Catacombs, Montparnasse Cemetery and Parc Asterix (which you already know about ). I also went to see these incredible Melies movies, went to this cool Magic museum and watched some soccer. Here is some interesting info about the stuff I did over these two days.
1. The Catacombs are these caves really far under ground. They were used when all the cemeteries were filling up and there were lots of diseases going around so they dug up all these bodies and put them down there. The bones are arranged very very neatly.
2. Georges Melies was a very popular French movie maker in the early years of cinema because he was one of the first people to use special effects. My favorite film on the program was called A Trip To The Moon.
3. The most interesting thing at the Musee de la Magie was this cool magic show. I got to go up on stage and help the magician with a card trick.
4. Right now, the European Football Championship is on. Tonight's game was Spain vs. Italy. We were cheering for Italy but everyone else in the restaurant was cheering for Spain! The game ended in a tie: 1 to 1.

 So overall it was an amazing weekend... probably the best so far!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing some very cool exploration in Paris! How's your French coming along mon ami?

    ReplyDelete