Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Biking in Versailles


Yesterday I went to Musée d'Orsay with my mom and dad. This awesome art museum is located in a former train station that Grand Central Station in New York is modelled after! We saw some cool paintings by Matisse, van Gogh, Renoir, Monet, Manet, Degas and lots and lots of others.



Today we took the train to Versailles.



Cool Versailles fact: Versailles was the home to the King, Queen and the French government from 1682 - 1789 when the French Revolution had started. There is 2,153 windows, 2,300 rooms, 67 staircases in Versailles. That's a lot! At the Grand Canal, we had some lunch and rented bikes.


 We went around the canal a couple of times which took about two hours. The gardens of Versailles are incredibly beautiful.  There are lots of very very cool statues of Greek gods and loads of flowers.



We also did some exploring in the woods. It was awesome!!!

Have a great day!

M




2 comments:

  1. Hey! I biked too! Around the ancient wall of Lucca! I am not much for facts as you are but I can tell you that I did not fall off though I am pretty ancient myself.

    I am enjoying the Chianti here in Lucca. What's your favorite drink in France? Is there an A & W there for you and your Grandpa?

    Thanks for the great post!

    Xo L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Max! That's one thing I haven't done! Sounds perfect and I'm putting it on my to do list! Have you tried one of those famous croissants your mom found?

    Xo rolti

    ReplyDelete