Monday, November 28, 2011

Rock Show!



This weekend, I got to perform with my aunt's band cub as part of the Mint Records 20th Anniversary Show at The Waldorf. I dressed up in a bear cub costume and played bongos and percussion. It was a blast! I also threw out three t-shirts to the audience as special prizes. The place was sold out and the audience was awesome. Everyone sang along with us to the songs My Chinchilla, New York City, Your Bed, and Little Star. Afterwards, I watched a crazy band called The Evaporators. The lead singer, Nardwuar The Human Serviette, dove into the crowd and played the organ while everyone held him up. It was loud, sweaty and exciting! Here are some more photos of the show, courtesy of Vancouver photographer Paul Clarke.

Rock on,
Max

Nardwuar The Human Serviette Crowd Surfs At The Waldorf
My Mom Serves "Cubcakes" To The Fans
My Aunt Lisa Singing and Her Friend Anthony Playing in the Ukulele Orchestra

3 comments:

  1. Ahh Max! I can't believe I missed you on stage! Clearly I missed the "cubcakes" too - bummer! I got caught up talking to friends upstairs in the Tiki Lounge and by the time I made my way downstairs not much was going on.. looks like everyone had a great time.. see you soon (we hope). xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rockstar, you!

    I have listened to Lisa's songs and I like them! Your mom looks mighty cool too. Just wondering if you are planning to wear the bear cub ensemble up Grouse Mountain next month when you visit Grinder and Koola? They will be sleeping of course but the reindeer may like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Max, I can almost hear the band playing all the way here in Charlotte,N.C...Looks like you all had a wonderful, fun time. The pictures are super-thanks for sharing with your blog friends. Oh by the way is there a CD out? Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete